Construction Accounting Specialist
Level 5 Capital Partners is looking for a Construction Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. The Construction Accountant analyzes capital project expenditures, assists with project related purchases, coordinates preparation of budget and forecasts and prepares various project reports along with variance explanations. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and works closely with the Real Estate and construction + design teams.
- Managing the preparation of monthly invoice packages for all billable projects, including all pay applications, lien waivers, sworn statements, affidavits, etc.
- Running monthly accounting meetings with the construction/project management team to review upcoming projections/billings
- Setting up new projects in necessary internal databases and management of external escrow vendor on daily basis.
- Investigating the project variances and submitting these variance reports to the management
- Prepare construction/project budgets, tax reports, and financial forecasts
- Creating and submitting government reports and tax returns related to the construction project
- Overseeing and handling the creation and approval of all project-related billings to customers to foster good communication and avoid issues
- Reviewing project budgets, including fee structures, staffing, and work plans
- Ensuring a smooth cash flow by auditing, generating, and sending invoices promptly.
- Tracking and documenting all vendor payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience, including specific experience in construction accounting
- Ability to interpret and process detailed data from multiple systems/sources
- Strong math, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to handle information confidentially
- Familiarity with accounting and construction software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Proven experience meeting regular deadlines
Level 5 Capital Partners (L5) is a boutique private equity firm focused on health, wellness, and family services that will positively impact our employees, our customers and our local communities while delivering superior business performance. L5’s current partner companies are the 3rd largest yoga operator in the world, Level 4 Yoga, LLC (dba CorePower Yoga); Big Blue Swim School; L5 Fitness, LLC (dba Orangetheory Fitness); Restore Hyper Wellness + Cryotherapy; and Heyday Skincare. We are looking to build our team with individuals who share our passion and energy and have the skills to bring it to life. L5 Acceleration Services is our operational division of Level 5 Capital and works with our portfolio companies to grow and scale the business from franchise development services, real estate services, new store opening services, and franchise operation services.